I love seasonal goodies! I admit it, show me anything holiday or seasonally themed and you’ve got my attention. Keeping it is the challenge. Whether it’s a pumpkin treat around Halloween and Thanksgiving or a Chocolate Peppermint concoction at Christmas- I need quality product at an unbeatable price. The best bang for my buck!! Thankfully I don’t have to look far. Dunkin Donuts has sweets, treats and the coffee I need to get me through my hectic day. Living in Florida it’s nice to have a change of season right in my coffee cup, even if I can’t bundle up and go on a hayride or pick apples in the orchard.
Dunkin’ Donuts now features an array of autumn inspired creations of delicious food and beverages, available at participating locations. The fall line up includes a Pumpkin Coffee and Latte (available in both hot and iced), new Pumpkin Packaged Coffee available in a special 8-oz size, Pumpkin Donuts, Munchkins™ and Muffins. The brand has also introduced a new Caramel Apple Donut, and for traditional autumn refreshment, Apple Cider served hot or iced.
Check out Chef Stan Frankenthaler’s recipe highlighting fall’s bounty of flavors. He makse it easy for you to spice up the season right in your own kitchen. One of my favorites is:
Caramel Apple Donut Tart (serves six)
· 4 Apples (a mixture of Granny Smith and Macintosh)
· Cider Caramel (see recipe below)
· Medium Dunkin’ Donuts Apple Cider (14 oz)
· 1 ½ Cups Granulated Sugar
· 4 Tablespoons Butter, plus 2 Tablespoons for Ramekins
· 4 Dunkin’ Donuts Caramel Apple Donuts
· 6 Ramekins
· Heat oven to 350F.
· Using the 2 Tablespoons of butter, lightly grease each ramekin.
· Prepare the caramel sauce (below).
· Peel the apples, cut each in half and then slice into thin crescent shapes.
· Layer the apples into the bottom of each ramekin, making sure to begin layering around the outer edge in a circle and finishing in the center. Place a second layer on top (the apples in the end will be the top of the dessert, so you want to make sure to keep them layered nicely).
· Cut each donut in half, creating two crescent shape pieces. Taking each half, slice into thirds, again each piece should be crescent shaped. Set aside.
· Once the caramel sauce is made, divide among the 6 ramekins and pour the sauce over the apples.
· Top the apples and caramel sauce with the donuts. Layering the donuts again around the edge, crescent side out (preferably the glazed side of the donut facing out), covering the entire top of the dish.
· Cover in aluminum foil, bake for approximately 30 minutes, then remove the aluminum foil and bake for another 10 minutes.
· Remove the dishes from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
· Using a knife, gently run it around the edge of each ramekin.
· Using a plate in one hand place on top of the apple donut tart, with the other hand, flip the tart and plate over. Remove the ramekin, the apple donut tart should slide right out and you will now have the apples on top.
· Serve with ice cream or whipped cream.
Tell us what your favorite coffee and baked goods combo is!
Leave a comment below for a chance to win a Dunkin’ Donuts gift card. Winner will be chosen at random. Contest closes at 12pm on Monday, November 14, 2011.
Don’t forget to check out http://www.dunkindonuts.com/ for the latest and greatest. Also, the DD Rewards program is awesome!! I have already received coupons for a free coffee just for signing up!! SCORE!