Breakfast, Brunch, Brinner… however you want to enjoy them, these Eggnog Waffles should be on your plate.
I was delighted to be invited to participate in the Krusteaz Blogger Bake-Off and I thought these Eggnog Waffles would be the perfect way to welcome the new year! What a sweet way to meet 2015. (This post is being submitted as part of contest sponsored by Sponsor for a chance to win prizes and that the entrant received free products from Krusteaz.)
With a few simple twists to the already awesome mixes from Krusteaz, you’ll have a fabulously flavorful treat. I swapped out some of the ingredients on the box and added in eggnog, vanilla and nutmeg (of course keeping the recipe gluten free). I loaded up the waffle with freshly whipped eggnog whipped cream and butter rum maple sauce…Hey-oh! And for extra enticement, I set up a little toppings bar including pecans, shaved chocolate, fresh fruit, ice cream. What delicious fun this would be for a New Years Day brunch!
I don’t need to eat gluten free for dietary reasons but I still enjoy gluten free recipes and from time to time will purchase gluten free products, and I’m so glad to know about these options from Krusteaz. They have an excellent new line of Gluten Free mixes including corn bread, double chocolate brownies, blueberry muffins and buttermilk pancake mix. I wanted to rework one of these mixes into something mouthwatering and never waffled about my decision. (Ha…get it? I know. I know.) These waffles were light and fluffy, just how I like them. You’d never know they were gluten free or from a mix. The entire line is awesome and I can’t wait to create more recipes with them.
- 1 box Krusteaz Gluten Free Buttermilk Pancake Mix
- 2 Eggs
- 2/3 Cup Eggnog
- 2 Cups Cold Water
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Coconut Oil Spray
- 1/4 Cup Eggnog
- 16oz. Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly Grated Nutmeg
- 1/2 Cup Confectioners Sugar
- 1 Cup Real Maple Syrup
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1/2 Cup Dark Spiced Rum
- Shaved Chocolate
- Eggnog Ice Cream
- In a large bowl, with electric hand mixer, beat whipping cream, eggnog, nutmeg, vanilla and confectioners sugar until stiff. Set in refrigerator until ready to use.
- Over medium high heat, reduce the rum, maple syrup and butter until reduced by about 1/4. Set aside and let cool slightly.
- Preheat your waffle maker.
- Mix the box of pancake mix and other ingredients in a large bowl. Make sure everything is blended well and there are no lumps of pancake mix.
- When the waffle maker is ready, spray light layer of coconut oil and ladle in 1/2 cup of batter to each section. Cook until golden. Remove the waffles and serve topped with syrup then a spoonful of whipped cream. Sprinkle with pecans and shaved chocolate.
- These would be great as pancakes as well, just heat up a skillet and lightly oil then pan. Cook each side until golden.
- I made the whole box, which requires the amounts above. There are quantities to make 4 waffles reflected on the box as well. Just halve the ingredients above.
I love to have options. And toppings. Lots of topping options! I added a spread of shaved chocolate, pecans, sliced bananas, strawberries, Eggnog ice cream, Eggnog whipped cream and butter rum maple sauce to top the waffles.
I made a plate for Hubs and he had the butter rum sauce, ice cream, whipped cream, pecans and chocolate. Oh Lordy! He loved it. My sister was a big fan of adding bananas into her toppings. It was all terrifically tasty!
Krusteaz and I like these products so much that we want to share! Want to win? There are 2 steps…. 1.) like annaDishes on Facebook 2.) leave a comment below telling me that you have liked annaDishes… and what you’ll make with the mixes…or how you’d top your waffle. I’ll select one winner at random.
What will you win?! 2 boxes of each of the new Krusteaz gluten-free products (eight boxes total – approx. retail value of eight boxes: $35); 1 branded jute tote shopping bag (approx. retail value: $10); a Krusteaz-branded spatula (approx. retail value: $5)
By posting this recipe I am entering a recipe contest, the Krusteaz Gluten-Free Blogger Bake-Off (sponsored by Krusteaz) and I am eligible to win prizes associated with the contest. annaDishes received product to develop this recipe. All opinions expressed are my own.