I am completely and utterly obsessed with everything pumpkin–lattes, breads, beer– you name it. I’m a sucker for all things autumnal. So I was thinking, what else can I put the pumpkin in?
Are you ready for this!? Because, this.is.amazing.
Healthy, hearty, nutritious and pumpkin perfect! It seriously tastes like pumpkin pie, but without the guilt! No sugar here, just a bit of natural maple syrup.
I have been making overnight oats for ages, they are great any time of year, are such a time saver and you can pack in the flavor- since there is more time for everything to marry- without adding extra sugar or junk.
Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats is an easy, plan ahead meal great for folks (myself included) who seem to never have enough time in the morning. Whether you are in a rush, or just want to have a satisfying breakfast, without spending a bunch or your morning routine in the kitchen, you’ll want a cup of this to go with your latte all autumn long.
- 3 oz. Organic Greek Yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons Organic Pumpkin
- 1/4 Cup Steel Cut Oats
- 1/4 Cup Rolled Oats
- 1/8 Cup Chia Seeds
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Powder
- 1/2- 1 Tablespoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 Tablespoon Pure Maple Syrup
- 1/2 Cup Unsweetened Almond/Coconut Milk
- In a mason jar or similar container, pour almond/coconut milk, maple syrup and vanilla powder. Add the greek yogurt and pumpkin, mix well. Add chia seeds, and combination of oats with pumpkin pie spice.
- Shake well and make sure everything is evenly mixed.
- Place in refrigerator overnight.
- In the morning, remove and let it sit at rooms temperature for a few minutes (I don't like mine ice cold). Shake well, and enjoy.
- To get the best consistency for overnight oats, allow at least 8 hours in the refrigerator.
What do you like in your oats? Any favorite flavor combinations? I’d love to hear.