Once again I’ve found a way to mix my love of pumpkin and spirits into something new. Last year it was the Pumpkin Pumpkin Beer Bread, which is in the oven right now.
This year, I saw a post for the Pumpkin Spice Kahlua and knew I had to get my hands on a bottle!! I started looking around and surprisingly, it was not well stocked. I had to wait a few weeks until a shipment came into my local store. I snatched up a bottle and got to concocting.
I know I am not the only one who waits for the annual release of the Pumpkin Spice Latte at Starbucks. I can’t help myself.
So I was thinking about my liking of the classic White Russian and twisting it up with some pumpkin spiciness. This is what I came up with, and I think it’s a home run.
If you don’t have espresso handy, you could always use brewed coffee, but I think they flavor is nicer with a freshly brewed batch of espresso.
This would be great to sip on while the kids Trick or Treat, or as a night cap after Thanksgiving dinner.
- 1/2 Cup Freshly Brewed and Chilled Espresso
- 1/4 Cup Pumpkin Spice Kahlua
- 1/2 Cup Half and Half (or Milk or Almond Milk)
- 1/4 Cup Vodka
- Maple Sugar
- Whipped Cream
- In a shaker with ice, mix the coffee and Kahlua together, add the vodka and finish with half & half.
- Shake until well blended and pour into a glass rimmed with Maple Sugar. A martini glass would be perfect but a rocks glass works well, too.
- If you are so inclined, add a dollop of fresh whipped cream on top.
If you want to up the servings, it’s easy enough to up the quantity of ingredients. You’ll want to share!
If you have Maple Sugar available, I highly recommend this step. It adds another layer of flavor and it’s just plain delicious. If you don’t have any available, you can always substitute vanilla sugar.