I was lucky enough to attend the preview event for Tastemakers last year, and wow, what a great event! I really enjoyed the chance to try so many different restaurants in one swoop. I was fortunate to be invited back this year but was unable to make the sneak peek but will be attending the main event this year! Lucky for you, I was provided with two tickets to giveaway! So, who wants to send summer off with sips and bites from some of the best Boca has to offer?
Mizner Park has long been one of my favorite plazas. The open air space is perfect for a late afternoon stroll, shopping or perusing your way through stores like Sur la Table, Z Gallerie, Tommy Bahama, Lord & Taylor, then you can head for happy hour drinks, dinner and a movie (or check out the art museum)– all in one spot! It’s exactly what I think of when I think of South Florida– pink, palm trees and pizzaz.
Mizner is the perfect location for Tastemakers, you get the the South Florida feel in one – over the top- stop. So for just $30 you get to stroll through Mizner Park and nosh on some delectable dishes– it’s a fabulous deal!
Some more information about the event.
Tastemakers – Rock Roll & Stroll at Mizner Park
One fabulous night to enjoy food, wine, cocktails and entertainment!
Eleven restaurants offering delicious tastings and pairings of specialty food and beverage.
Rock to the Shindig Band at the Gazebo & AMP at the Mizner Park Amphitheater.
Roll to each Tastemaker restaurant for great food and drink pairings.
Stroll to the City of Boca Raton’s Mizner Park Amphitheater featuring Craft Brew Samplings courtesy of Gold Coast Beverage Distributors.
(Booklets available at Restaurants:Dubliner, JAZZIZ Nightlife, Kapow Noodle Bar, Max’x Grille, Racks, Ruth’s Chris, Tanzy, Truluck’s, Uncle Julio’s, Villagio, and Yard House.)
Only $30 and enjoy the VIP offers from August 1- October 31. Purchase Tickets Today!
TASTEMAKERS AT MIZNER PARK PRESENTS “ROCK, ROLL & STROLL”
ON WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 17 FROM 6 PM – 9:30 PM
Tastemakers at Mizner Park presents “Rock, Roll & Stroll,” a fabulous progressive food and cocktail tasting featuring many of center’s restaurants and live rock music, on Wednesday, September 17 from 6 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. at Mizner Park in Boca Raton.
“We are very excited about this year’s new ‘rock & roll’ theme with two live bands playing throughout the evening and are pleased to partner with the City of Boca Raton,” said Barbara Finn, marketing manager for Mizner Park. “This event has been so successful in years past we extended it into the Mizner Park Amphitheater to include a separate craft beer tasting and additional entertainment.”
The Mizner Park Amphitheater will be host to craft beer tastings from the Florida Beer Company, Gold Coast Distributors, Harpoon Brewery, and the New Belgium Brewery, and music by rock band, Amp’d.
Tickets, available at www.miznerpark.com starting August 1, are $30 per person and include one tasting and select beverage at each participating restaurant with presentation of the VIP Ticket Book. Tickets may also be purchased at each participating restaurant. In addition, the ticket booklets will include re-usable exclusive offerings from various Mizner Park eateries valid August 1 through October 31, 2014.
Featured Mizner Park “Tastemakers” are:
- Dubliner – Shepherd’s Pie with Guinness Mac & Cheese and Irish soda bread, paired with a special “Black Velvet,” combination of Guinness and Cider.
- JAZZIZ Nightlife – Beef Carpaccio with horseradish aioli, black truffle and homemade potato chips served with a Blood Orange Cilantro Margarita.
- Kapow! – Banh Mi Vietnamese Baguette (slow-cooked pulled pork, buttery spicy aioli, cilantro, pickled carrots, daikon and jalapeno) with a Spicy Lover cocktail (Partida Reposado Tequila, cucumber, lime juice, tabasco green sauce, cilantro, and organic agave nectar)
- Max’s Grille – Crispy Duck Spring Rolls with spicy vegetables, soba noodles, pickled cucumbers, and Asian dipping sauce served with a Strawberry Saketini made with Stoli Vanilla Vodka, Tyku Sake and fresh strawberries.
- Racks – The A+A Roll made with hamachi, jalapeno, spicy tuna, crispy shallot, cilantro and avocado with Boca Lemonade, a refreshing mix of Stoli Vodka and Tyku Lemonade.
- Ruth’s Chris – Mini Seared Ahi-Tuna complimented with Aspirated sauce with hints of mustard and beer, served with a Raspberry Rosemary Cosmo made with Absolut Raspberri, Cointreau, lime & cranberry juices, muddled raspberries and rosemary.
- Tanzy – Housemade Ceder Plank Salmon with red pepper, lima bean, Israeli couscous and cucumber fennel salad paired with Prickly Pear Sour Sop Margarita mixed with cactus fruit, Florida Guanabana, hand-squeezed lime, El Jimador Tequila Reposado.
- Truluck’s – Fresh Seasonal Crab Claws served with Lagaria pinot grigio.
- Uncle Julio’s – Pineapple Bacon Guacamole & crumbled queso fresco paired with the popular Julio’s Gold, Uncle Julio’s special hand-shaken margarita.
- Villagio – Eggplant Rollatini – braised eggplant stuffed with seasoned ricotta cheese with marinara, parmesan, and melted mozzarella; and the Acai Thini, a blend of Acai Vodka with Cointreau, sour mix and a touch of Blue Curacao.
- Yard House – Ahi Poke Bowl – marinated raw Ahi and avocado with carrots, Daikon radish, macadamia nuts and wontons served with Lost Coast Tangerine Wheat Beer.
To win TWO TICKETS, leave a comment below telling me which of these restaurants you are most looking forward to sampling.
Contest ends 2:00 pm (EDT) on Monday September 15, 2014.
** Passes were provided by Mizner Park but all views are my own.**