Happy July Blogger C.L.U.E. reveal day, friends. We are in the thick of summer and I know we’re all heating up the BBQ while trying to keep cool. This month’s theme is Summer BBQs, so think grilled veggies or meats, side dishes and of course you’ll need a refreshing bevvie at those midday nosh-fests. Speaking of which, I’m getting very thirsty. Aren’t you?
I was so excited to be paired with Christy of Confessions of Culinary Diva, not only is she an absolute whiz in the kitchen (and on the blogosphere) but she is just as lovely and entertaining in person. Confessions is a blog peppered with many of my favorite things… wanderlusting journeys, restaurant reviews, and internationally inspired delicacies. So, when it came time to choose a recipe to recreate I knew there was oodles to pick from and it certainly wouldn’t be easy. From side dishes to steaks and everything in between, there was a little bit of everything. I considered the Paint By Number Tomato Salad, or the Hatch Chili Cheeseburger…but then… then I found the Lemintini and it was ALL OVER. How refreshing does that sound?! I didn’t even need to taste it to know I would love it. But I DID taste it. And I DO love it.
It was super refreshing and mighty sippable, and I won’t be waiting long to make more.
The only change I made to Chrisy’s recipe was to double the quantities, because you have to make enough to share.
- 4 ounces Vodka
- 3 ounces freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 1/2 ounce simple syrup
- 10 mint leaves
- Place lemon juice, simple syrup and mint leaves in cocktail shaker and muddle. Add vodka and ice. Shake vigorously and pour into chilled cocktail glass. Garnish with additional mint leaves or lemon peel if desired.
Cheers! And get grilling with my C.L.U.E. buddies…
- Liz from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Kate from Kate’s Kitchen
- Christiane from Taking on Magazines
- Heather from girlichef
- Stacy from Food Lust People Love
- Lisa from Authentic Suburban Gourmet
- Christy from Confessions of a Culinary Diva
- Alice from A Mama, Baby and Shar-pei in the Kitchen
- Kelli from Kelli’s Kitchen
- Lea Ann from Cooking on the Ranch
- Anna from annaDishes
- Wendy from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Jean from Lemons and Anchovies
- Debra from Eliot’s Eats
- Kathy from A Spoonful of Thyme
- Kathy from Bakeaway with Me
- Rebekah from Making Miracles
- Lauren from Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Aly from Cooking in Stilettos
- Sue from A Palatable Pastime
See you next month for Blogger C.L.U.E.!