It’s time again for the Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap and I was thrilled to participate for the third year in a row! How could I pass up the chance to join in on such a fun recipe swap, which also supports such an awesome cause? I’ve been a supporter of Cookies for Kids Cancer for years, even before my first participation with the Cookie Swap and I’m always excited to join in on anything that benefits the cause.
I decided to go away from the cookie just a bit. Let’s call these cookie adjacent, ok? The last two years I did Christmas themed cookies (White Chocolate Eggnog Cookies and Cranberry Walnut White Chocolate Chip Cookies) but, this year I had to share my Triple Chocolate Pumpkin Brownies. I came up with this recipe for a charity donation a couple months back and have made them for friends and family a few times since. Everyone had loved them so I wanted to share the sweetness with my Cookie Swap friends.
These brownies are easy to make, and are so full of rich chocolate flavor with just a dash of spiced flavor to compliment the pumpkin. The pumpkin and chocolate help to keep these ooey gooey good.
- 1 Cup Butter at room temperature (should be soft to the touch)
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 5 Ounces Semi-Sweet and Milk Chocolate Chips (mixed) (melted and cooled)
- 3/4 Cup Pumpkin Puree
- 3 Large Eggs
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Cup Nestle Cocoa Powder (Unsweetened)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Fine Salt
- 2 Teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Grease and flour a 9x13 pan. (You can dust with cocoa powder)
- In a large bowl (or kitchenaid mixer) cream the butter and sugar. Add in the cooled, melted chocolate. Mix well.
- In a separate, small bowl, mix the pumpkin, eggs and vanilla. Pour into the sugar mixture and blend well.
- Separately sift the dry ingredients into another container then add in slowly to pumpkin mixture.
- Pour into baking pan and cook for 35-40 minutes. A toothpick won't come out clean. Remove from oven, let set and cool. These are very fudgey, gooey brownies.
Now on to my swaps… I received two very interesting cookie flavor combos this year! (Unfortunately my third never showed up–womp womp.)
First to arrive was a package of Green Tea Millionaire’s Shortbread from Miriam at Tales from the Crumb Tray. There was a festively colored, green cookie bar topped with fudge. What flavor they had! I’d never thought of this combination but it was a hit with Hubs.
Then arrived the Chocolate-Chocolate Chip Bacon cookies from Shari at the lovely blog, My Judy the Foodie. These cookies were loaded with chocolate chips and bits of bacon.
Interested in participating next year? Go here and you’ll be on the mailing lis,t and notified when it is time to sign up.