I asked a buddy to help me name this cocktail, and since “there is no off switch on the genius” –we now have Tercules. Like Hercules, but for Thanksgiving.
And, yes it is that awesome. It is strong. It is autumnal. It is smooth and satisfying. It goes perfectly with a Herculean sized meal. You’re welcome.
It is made with autumn inspired and amazing items, namely Stella Artois Cidre, Apple Cider and Bourbon.
As I have mentioned recently, I am on quite the bourbon kick. And so, I thought I needed to make something that would work for the holidays and go with my current cravings. This is what I came up with.
I whipped up a super easy spiced honey syrup to mix in and it was the perfect complement to the full flavor and well-rounded concoction.
As a note, if you can’t find Maple Sugar– try a Maple Brown Sugar Rim. Dip the rim of the glass in Maple Syrup, then twist in light brown sugar. You’ll get a similarly decadent flavor without having to search for extra ingredients.
- 1 Cup Bourbon
- 1 Cup Apple Cider
- 1 Bottle Stella Artois Cidre
- 1/4 Cup Spiced Honey Syrup
- 15 Shakes Peach Bitters
- Maple Sugar
- In a pitcher, add a cup or two of ice. Pour in bourbon, apple cider and honey syrup and stir. Dash in peach bitters, then top with Stella Artois Cidre. Stir gently.
- In two separate bowls, pour a bit of the apple cider in one and the maple sugar in the other. Dip the rim of the glass in the apple cider, then turn it in the maple sugar.
- Drop in ice cubes, then fill with Tercules.
- 1/2 Cup Honey
- 3/4 Cup Water
- 1 Teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Combine ingredients over medium heat and dissolve. Whisk while combining to evenly distribute. Reduce by about 1/3 or until about the consistency of maple syrup. Let cool before adding to cocktail.